Sunday 21 March 2010

.

'Lisa has been going out with Jimmy for almost four months. She is 19 and works in a hairdressing salon. Jimmy came in for a haircut, they got chatting and he asked her out. She says "I fancied him at once, he's just my type, and I was really pleased when he asked me if I'd like to go and see a film with him. But when it came to the Saturday night I was very nervous. When you don't know someone it's always awkward at first. You wonder if he's going to make a move, and if he doesn't, will it be because he doesn't want to blow it, or because he doesn't fancy you after all. You spend ages worrying about what to wear and what to say, because you want to look your best and not make an idiot out of yourself... In the end, with Jimmy it was okay. After the film, he suggested getting something to eat and it was really easy to talk to him. By the end of the evening, it felt like we'd known each other for ages and it just seemed normal when he said he'd call me the next day.
All Sunday I was a nervous wreck waiting for the phone to ring and by six in the evening, I was sure it wasn't. I felt really miserable, so when he did call at 7:30 to suggest going out for a drink I felt almost lightheaded, and I went from total gloom to total happiness.
Later on, I confessed I'd thought he'd changed his mind and he explained that he hadn't been able to ring earlier; he'd had to get hold of some mates to let them know he wasn't going to meet them as he'd previously arranged. So, I began to hope that he felt the same way as I did.
How did I feel? It's hard to put into words. I don't think I was actually in love with him at that stage, but I know I could be falling in love. I knew I wanted to go on seeing him. I was sexually attracted to him. I wanted him to kiss me, and I wanted to make love to him. But, at the same time, I was frightened about being in a situation where sex could be an issue just in case he didn't want a girlfriend, just someone to take to bed."
Lisa and Jimmy went out together four more times before they made love. Lisa says: "It seems dreadful when you think about it like that, but it just seemed very natural. By that time we'd admitted how we felt about each other and we'd talked so much that it was as if we'd been going out for ages. It felt good just being together. So, making love seemed right and it just made everything more intense, more perfect".'
Extract from 'The 6 Stages Of Love' from 'Woman's World, June, 1990.

-Dagger.

No comments:

Post a Comment